kACARS - ACARS designed for phpVMS users

Guest lorathon

I got it all working as I said in the other Post :rolleyes: And now my Deputy Commandeer has tested it and we love it. Easy to use and easy to install. And the info it records on the map as well after filing is great. Thanks for the help earlier and for the great software and module. :D

New Problem Related to the v908 update. I discovered this last nite so I did not update my main site but here it the screen shot I took at my dev site. This happen when you try to get the flight bid info. It did this on my main site also so I reverted back to 907 and it worked again.

KACARSUPDATE Error.jpg

I will not move to 908 til this is figured out. My Pilots really like Kacars. So any help would be appreciated :P

Thanks Lloyd

en ;)

hello I am testing the Kacars the VA in my hearing the story of my drivers they report two points of greatest need at the time the program is to minimize the bar to watch the windows and drive the program when releasing the brakes of the aircraft over this ok

br

ola estou testando o Kacars em minha VA o ouvindo os relato dos meus pilotos eles relatam dois pontos de maior necessidade no momento que é minimizar o programa para a barra do relógio do windows e o acionamento do programa quando é soltando os freios da aeronave de mais esta ok

Hey Guys, I am just wondering any of one of you are experiencing any changes to your computer like the speed like when you installed Kacars and used it. That's what i been getting that. And my computer was laggy so i had to uninstall Kacars and my computer is back to normal.

If you are experiencing any of these problems please let us know. Also include your OS you are running.

I am trying to help out the author of Kacars to resolve this problem.

Nope, none at all. I've used it on XP Pro, Vista, and 7. No issues what so ever.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I have about 60 members using kACARS and none have reported any problems with speed, i have personally tested with Windows 7 and XP, no problems at all.

The only other thing it could be is something to do with your dotnet framework, have you tried removing v2 v3 and v3.5 and reinstalling?

Guest lorathon

Can someone write instructions/video (on youtube is fine) which I can post in the docs here as well?

Thanks

I will write the instructions tomorrow.

Sorry for the delay.

Jeff

Guest lorathon

Here is the readme contents that are part of every installation. I will construct a pdf file for you to post

kACARS_Free Readme

03/15/2010

Developed for: phpVMS

http://www.phpVMS.net

Copyright: FS-Products

Developed by: Jeffrey Kobus

http://www.fs-products.net

Back end Installation

kACARS_Free.php needs to be placed into the following directory

/core/modules/kACARS_Free/

Once installed it should function for all clients using kACARS.

Client Installation

Run the .msi file. Follow the instructions to install kACARS_Free. A shortcut will be placed on the desktop. Click the shortcut to run kACARS.

Requirements -

Windows installer 3.1

Windows .NET framework 3.5

FSUIPC

Settings

Run kACARS. At the top you will see a drop down menu. "Info". Inside of the drop down meu will be "Settings". Click on this. A new window will open displaying the current settings. Change these and then click the SAVE button. All new settings will be changed and updated upon the closing of this window.

Settings Explained

1. URLbase - This is the base URL for the phpVMS system. This would be the same address as your home page.

2. PilotID - This is the pilot id for the pilot using the client application.

3. Password - This is the password for the same pilot as above.

4. Seach by Flight # - With this box checked you can enter a flightnumber and retrieve the information for that flight. With it unchecked the "Get Bid Info" will get the next flight in your bids.

Windows Vista & Windows 7

Client users running Windows Vista or Windows 7 will need to run this application using the "Run as Administrator" option.

I'll be taking a look at this, shortly. While we haven't had any problems with FSAcars, XAcars provides very little information and FSPax costs money and has some annoying features. This looks like it is simple and to the point.

Now for a critical question. Does it require the use of the bid system?

• Moderators

Now for a critical question. Does it require the use of the bid system?

No.

You have an option to pull down the bid if thats how your airline operates or you can just enter the flight number from your schedules, there is an option in the settings menu to select either way.

Personally speaking i have used this on my VA since its release, highly recommended.