Jump to content
Vangelis

Spam messages

Recommended Posts

Yeh, I was wondering the same thing myself Vangelis, its getting really bad lately. More then usual. Looks like no one is Moderating the Forum, or there are some settings missing on preventing this. Its starting to get way out of control lately. Best regards buddy, ain't seen ya in awhile, hope all is good with you !!!

Jim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems that sometimes it takes a few days for someone to clean things up. Do moderators have the ability to delete posts and ban members, or are these functions for admins only?

I wonder if there is any way to easily change the challenge question or recaptcha to make registering a bit more difficult? Anyone know if the IP address is recorded each time someone registers? Can users be banned by IP?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ProAvia said:

It seems that sometimes it takes a few days for someone to clean things up. Do moderators have the ability to delete posts and ban members, or are these functions for admins only?

I wonder if there is any way to easily change the challenge question or recaptcha to make registering a bit more difficult? Anyone know if the IP address is recorded each time someone registers? Can users be banned by IP?

Yes they can be banned via ip also via username of course also by email so if try to reregister ban on invision forums is like a life ban you cant even get pas with a vpn i know because i run my forums on this same system

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah it's insane trying to keep up. There's 3 different spam settings and they're still getting through... it must be some actual farm with people registering. They do get banned via IP but it's different everytime. You should see how many get blocked, though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Nabeel said:

Yeah it's insane trying to keep up. There's 3 different spam settings and they're still getting through... it must be some actual farm with people registering. They do get banned via IP but it's different everytime. You should see how many get blocked, though

Are they registering or using oath of google, or facebook, or something

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's almost a full time job for me recently.  The reason they haven't been dealt with as swiftly lately is due to a job change in my life. I pretty much live at Heathrow airport working for British Airways these days.

 

Sorry for the build up on spam.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/28/2019 at 4:44 AM, shakamonkey88 said:

It's almost a full time job for me recently.  The reason they haven't been dealt with as swiftly lately is due to a job change in my life. I pretty much live at Heathrow airport working for British Airways these days.

 

Sorry for the build up on spam.

No worries, man. @vbegin72 sent me a plugin that should hopefully help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2019 at 6:54 PM, vbegin72 said:

Are they registering or using oath of google, or facebook, or something

Nope, just straight email registrations. I'm going to try to install that plugin you sent me tonight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/31/2019 at 10:12 AM, Vangelis said:

I have some free time to moderate if you want

Huh that's weird, I thought you were already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2019 at 9:42 PM, Nabeel said:

Installed the new plugin... hopefully it will be better now

Is your IPB license current? They have a strong spam block with IPB, need to have the license current.I would get spam all the time when I let mine go for a bit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×